Friday, April 16, 2010

Back & Legs - Post Workout Thoughts :)

Yay! I didn't really feel like working out tonight... I was super low energy... thinking about rejection from a girl I asked out. I went home and felt crappy on my bed - eventually falling asleep. I woke up like 2 hours later and my brain was ticking - workout, workout, workout!!! I kept saying why, why, why??

Finally, I just got up and started. Thank god. I hate the noise in my head. I need to stay committed. Initially I was complaining - aww man I got two workouts - Back & Legs and Ab Ripper X. I was like, man it's going to take an hour and a half! But as said before, I cleared the noise and went to work. And now I feel great. I did much better on Ab-X this time, last time I couldn't do anything.. this time I was able to make it through the sets. Next time, I'll bring it!

In other notes, I can probably mix resistance bands with more pullups.. I'm starting to feel myself get better at them. I can't do a whole lot, but I can do some.. which is a good thing. I notice my body is starting to look a little better too. I'm still fat, but I have a little definition around my back and arms, plus around the chest area. I also have been super hungry - A LOT... but staying true to eating small portions and sticking to the plan.

Next week, I'm going to really be hardcore about P90x.. this week was a test week to see if I could survive. I'm going to spend this weekend getting some better groceries too. Also got my shipment of Results and Recovery formula - it tastes like Orange Juice, but it's pretty good.

Overall, I'm not worried about rejection. My mind is trained to use it to make me better. I see rejection as a correction - towards getting to a goal. When you get rejected, you figure out what worked, what didn't and then you work. In my case, my competitors look better than me in terms of body. I gotta step up if I wanna play. That's why I'm in this... I read today on forums for men only - that guys tend to get rejected on average 90% of the time when they ask a girl out. I was like, HOLY SHIZZNT. I didn't think it was that high. But if you think about it, girls get asked out all the time... so they have plenty of options. If you want to improve your chances, don't be average. That's the name of the game. :)

- Mister U

No comments:

Post a Comment