Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yoga X

Ah Yoga X, how you work me to the bone. I sweat probably a gallon today trying to hold myself in X-TREME poses thanks to P90x. Wheel pose FTW!! Seriously, that is a godawful pose.

The hardest part is definitely the beginning. You keep doing the Vinyassa where you squeeze your body through your arms and stretch up; then come back to center, pushup and go to a dog pose where your butt is in the air and everything else pointing downards. Finally you do runner's pose, bend one knee and come up stretching your hands up to the sky, then forward, then backwards. You do this like 12 to 15 times, I can't remember but it's superrrrrrrr tedious. You get super tired fast. I would lose balance too a couple times.

After the first 45 min of doing this, the next 45 min is not as hard but still hard. You do more balancing poses, where you stand on one leg then lean forward, backward and up to the sky. Then you get to crazy ass poses where you lift yourself up on your arms and stick your legs out -- the dreaded Crane pose, and then you move to the Wheel pose where you are on all fours upside down. Top it all off with the Yoga Flame move and you're out of breath. Just kidding, you don't do a Yoga Flame move -- this isn't Street Fighter.

Yeah... I sweat a gallon today. I feel really stretched out, but at the end of all of it I feel good. That's 4 days in a row!!! Haven't missed a single workout! I cheated a little though today -- my company had a pizza party, so I had a few slices. But after that I have been pretty good about eating the regular stuff. I probably shouldn't have eaten the pizza slices but it was right there and I felt a small portion wouldn't hurt. I didn't have any sodas or anything else, so I think I'm okay.

Keep going!! On to Back & Legs tomorrow!

- Mister U.

No comments:

Post a Comment